Presidential Search Advisory Committee Established
Contact :Jeff Murphy
WARRENSBURG, MO (Jan. 27, 2010) – Taking an important step toward the hiring of the University of Central Missouri’s 15th president, the institution’s governing board has established the Presidential Search Advisory Committee. Action regarding the committee, which includes university, alumni and community representation, took place during a special meeting of the Board of Governors on Jan. 26.
Twenty individuals were appointed to the committee in an effort to create a highly collaborative process among all major university stakeholders. Richard Phillips, board president, said he plans to schedule an orientation meeting for the committee in early February to acquaint members with their roles and responsibilities. The board is working in cooperation with R. Kenneth Hutchinson, president, Hutchinson Consulting LLC, Columbia, to lead the search for the new campus leader.
Committee members and their areas of representation are:
- John Wilson, College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Scott Strohmeyer, College of Health and Human Services
- Barbara Martin, College of Education
- Ron Woolsey, College of Science and Technology
- Larry Haase, Harmon College of Business Administration
- Scott Norwood, Library Services
- Davie Davis, Faculty Senate
- Mollie Dinwiddie, Council of Deans
- Ryan Sanders, student representative of the Board of Governors
- Mike Wright, Administration
- Norman Betz, Emeriti Association
- Rebecca Klein, Alumni Association
- Dale Zank, Foundation Board
- Peggy Harrison, Support Staff Council
- Holly Davenport, Professional Staff Council
- Gregg Sorrell, Bargaining Unit
- Kati Roach, Student Government Association
- Eugene Stillman, Office of Community Engagement
- Judy Vickrey, Warrensburg Community
- Joe Arce, Greater Kansas City.
Additional details about the search process will be announced as the effort moves forward.