SBTDC Offers Class in Small Business Success in Missouri
Contact: Mike Greife
WARRENSBURG, MO (Jan. 3, 2011) – The Small Business and Technology Development Center at the University of Central Missouri will offer a one-day course, “Starting and Managing a Small Business in Missouri.” The course will be offered from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 14 at the UCM Summit Center in Lee’s Summit, and again on Friday, Jan. 28 in Dockery 107 on the UCM campus in Warrensburg.
For those interested in starting a small business or those currently operating a business, “Starting and Managing a Small Business in Missouri” is taught by instructors with extensive experience in interacting with small businesses. Upon completion, course participants will be able to identify resources for starting a business in Missouri, areas of training or assistance available for the operation of a business, and common obstacles in starting a business.
The course will offer information in:
- The Basics of Business Ownership and Planning-Learn about the business planning process and the tools needed to assess personal, managerial, technical and financial skills while assessing financial capacity.
- Planning for Success-Understand the importance of planning and assessing the business environment.
- Organizational Forms of Business-Learn the various forms of business organization and determine the right one for an existing business.
- Legal and Regulatory Environment-Learn about government regulations pertaining to starting a business.
- Recordkeeping and Information Management-Learn which factors to consider when establishing these business processes, and understand why they are so important.
- Marketing-Learn about marketing tools, procedures, strategies and tools of market research.
- Financing -Learn finance terminology and how to evaluate credit options. Learn where financing is available and how to get it.
- Resources-Understand where to find resources to help you run a business.
Registration fee is $79 per person for the course in Lee’s Summit, and $69 per person for the course taught at UCM in Warrensburg. To register for the class contact the SBTDC at 660-543-4402.