Welcome Back! It's Going to be a Great Year!
Contact: Mike Greife
WARRENSBURG, MO (Aug. 12, 2010) – The University of Central Missouri campus is gearing up for another successful academic year with the opening of the Fall Semester 2010.
UCM President Charles Ambrose will open the fall semester for first year students as he speaks at the First Year Student Convocation at 9 a.m. Monday, Aug. 16, in Hendricks Hall. Following the convocation, The Honors College at UCM will host the Freshman Brunch from 9:30-10:30 a.m. in the Elliott Union, where students may meet college deans and administrators.
The Spotlight and the UCM Office of Campus Activities have planned a full week of activities for students with the 2010 Week of Welcome, planned for Aug. 15-21. Check out the schedule and join in the fun while becoming part of the UCM campus community.
Faculty will gather for Faculty Plan Day in college meetings Monday, Aug. l6.
- College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences will meet at 1 p.m. in Wood 100
- College of Health and Human Services will meet at 1 p.m. in Elliott Union 237A
- College of Science and Technology will meet at 1 p.m. in Nahm Auditorium
- Harmon College of Business and Professional Studies will meet at 1:30 p.m. in Ward Edwards 2000
- College of Education will meet at 2 p.m. in JCKL 1260/1264/1268