Department of Nutrition and Kinesiology
- Undergraduate Programs
- Course Descriptions
- Graduate Program - Kinesiology
- Apply Today
- International Admissions
- Student Organizations
- Program Scholarships
- Human Performance Lab
- Meet the Faculty
- FAQ - Undergraduate
- FAQ - Graduate
A certified athletic trainer is a highly educated and skilled professional specializing in athletic health care. In cooperation with physicians and other allied health personnel, the athletic trainer functions as an integral member of the athletic health care team in various settings.
The Athletic Training Program (ATP) is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education.
Also interested in the Sport Nutrition minor, view the 2014-2015 AT with Sport Nutrition minor advising sheet.
Facts at a Glance
- The UCM ATP has graduated 35 students since receiving our initial accreditation in 2007.
- We have our largest Second Year Students cohort class of 12 starting fall of 2013.
- In the fall of 2013 we are looking at our largest freshmen class yet and hope to have an even bigger number of students applying to the program in the spring of 2014.
- The class of 2013 has a 100% first time pass rate on the Board of Certification exam.
- Graduates have secured employment in various settings including high schools, universities, clinical settings, and as university faculty.
- Employment of athletic trainers is expected to grow by 30 percent from 2010 to 2020, much faster than the average for all occupations (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Athletic Training Program Admission Requirements:
- Completed application with appendices (completed during the second semester of freshmen year)
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher in all AT classes
- Official university transcripts
- Successful completion of interview with Athletic Training program committee (completed during the second semester of freshmen year)
- Professional Rescuer - CPR/AED and First Aid certification
- Completed physical examination with appropriate immunization record
- Proof of personal insurance and completed technical standards