Department of Nutrition & Kinesiology
- Undergraduate Programs
- Athletic Training
- Graduate Program - Kinesiology
- Apply Today
- Student Organizations
- Program Scholarships
- Human Performance Lab
- Meet the Faculty
- FAQ - Undergraduate
- FAQ - Graduate
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics will qualify for a post-baccalaureate internship program. Student outcome goals:
- Solve service-oriented problems utilizing knowledge of nutritional assessment, intervention and evaluation skills.
- Utilize current knowledge, technology, and research to enhance the practice of dietetics.
- Exhibit behaviors consistent with attitudes based on beliefs that an understanding/appreciation of global concerns and the diversity of humankind.
- Attend professional dietetic meetings at the local, state, and/or the national level.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills for the successful participation in a supervised dietetics program, employment related to foods and nutrition, or graduate study.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills, professionalism and ethical conduct needed to become a competent entry-level dietitian.
- Apply scientific knowledge and principles to food service systems in the practice of dietetics.
- Apply scientific knowledge and principles related to nutrition needs and processes through the life cycle in health and disease.
- Generate, interpret, and use research and knowledge of foods and nutrition in clinical dietetics, community nutrition, and food service.
- Participate in activities that promote public awareness of nutrition and advance the profession of dietetics.