Sponsored Programs and Research Integrity
The Office of Sponsored Programs & Research Integrity assists UCM faculty and staff throughout the external fund-seeking cycle.
Pre-award – When faculty/staff express an interest in seeking external funding for a specific project, we support them as they:
- Search for external funding sources such as grants and contracts
- Develop proposals
- Prepare budgets of anticipated expenses to submit with the application for funding
Post-award – When UCM is awarded external funding, our staff coordinates much of the behind-the-scenes activity. We lead the way in:
- Obtaining, interpreting, and helping faculty/staff follow grant/contract management guidelines, policies, and regulations
- Handling post-award negotiations with granting/contracting agencies
- Coordinating legal counsel review of agreements and contracts
- Working with UCM accounting and procurement units to appropriately receive, spend and track the funds
- Monitoring and reviewing reports to assure they meet audit guidelines and sponsoring agency’s deadlines
Compliance - Faculty/staff who conduct research work closely with our staff to assure their project adheres to all relevant regulations and guidelines.