- Find Your Research Administrator
- Our Services
- Forms & Resources
- Internal Grant Program
- Annual Report & Newsletters
Take a look at UCM's beautiful campus and facilities with our campus map & tour.
The Office of Sponsored Programs provides the following services for faculty, staff, and students at UCM:
- Serves as the responsible office for sponsored program administration activities on the University of Central Missouri campus.
- Coordinates university policies and procedures relevant to sponsored programs.
- Maintains GrantLink, UCM's electronic proposal development and proposal tracking system.
- Maintains a university subscription to GrantLink's web-based grant funding information database program: Sponsored Programs Information Network. This service provides the campus community with access to a web-based database of funding opportunities from private and government sources.
- Provides access to GrantLink's SMARTS/GENIUS service which allows UCM's faculty and staff to register their fund-seeking interests and be automatically e-mailed funding notices as they are announced.
- Provides the necessary institutional acceptance for awards and contracts, obtains budget account numbers to establish spending authority for principal investigators and project directors, and assists with closeout and final reporting of externally funded projects.
The services and resources provided by the Office of Sponsored Programs are designed to assist Principal Investigators with the following:
- Identifying funding sources
- Developing proposals
- Preparing budgets
- Obtaining, interpreting, and following grants and contracts management guidelines, policies, and regulations
- Coordinating institutional review and routing
- Accepting awards
- Preparing and submitting initial requests for fund numbers
- Resubmitting proposals
- Handling post-award negotiations with granting or contracting agencies
- Negotiating no-cost extensions or continuations
- Coordinating legal counsel review, modification and approval
Once awarded, Office of Sponsored Programs assists the PI with the submission of reports, approval of expenditures within granting agency restrictions, and administration processes and requirements. Post award services may be complex. Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Integrity offers assistance which may include:
- Multiple PIs (and therefore multiple projects)
- Sponsor intricacies
- Foreign sponsors and subcontractors
- Cost share (especially third party)
- Type and frequency of reporting
- Foreign and domestic travel