Sponsored Programs provides the following services for faculty, staff, and students at UCM:
- Serves as the responsible office for sponsored program administration activities on the University of Central Missouri campus.
- Coordinates university policies and procedures relevant to sponsored programs.
- Maintains GrantLink, UCM's electronic proposal development and proposal tracking system.
- Maintains a university subscription to GrantLink's web-based grant funding information database program: Sponsored Programs Information Network. This service provides the campus community with access to a web-based database of funding opportunities from private and government sources.
- Provides access to GrantLink's SMARTS/GENIUS service which allows UCM's faculty and staff to register their fund-seeking interests and be automatically e-mailed funding notices as they are announced.
- Works with faculty and staff to develop and review grant proposals and approve draft budgets.
- Provides the necessary institutional acceptance for awards and contracts, obtains budget account numbers to establish spending authority for principal investigators and project directors, and assists with closeout and final reporting of externally funded projects.
- Coordinates and sponsors informational workshops that feature federal, state, and industry program officers and conducts training workshops.
- In conjunction with the University Research Council, administers the university’s Internal Grant Program that provides funding for faculty, staff, and graduate student research.