President's Commission on the Status of Women
Higher Education Resource Services
The Higher Education Resource Services (HERS) offers institutes of leadership training for women.
Call for Applications
The President’s Commission on the Status of Women invites women to apply for financial support to attend the Higher Education Resource Services (HERS) sessions offered this year. For information on the session locations, requirements, deadlines and cost, visit their website.
The HERS program, offered nationally each year, supports the professional development of leadership in the following areas:
- Understanding the Higher Education Environment
- Planning & Leading change in the Academy
- Managing & Investing Strategic Resources
- Engaging Individual and Institutional \Diversity
- Mapping your Leadership Development
Applicants should submit the following materials for review on behalf of the Commission to: Dawna Lisa (Buchanan) Butterfield and Wendy Geiger (Co-Chairs, HERS Selection committee) at these email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- A Letter of Request for Support
- Concise vita
- Letter of Acceptance from the selected HERS Institute
- One Letter of Support
- Proposed Budget (Expenses)
*Please note that funding is contingent on the amount of financial resources available.
The main website for HERS can be accessed at www.hersnet.org
Brief information about the time and place of each institute appears below:
- HERS Bryn Mawr: June 19 – July 3, 2011. Application Deadline: March 1, 2011.
- HERS Denver: July 24 -0 August 7, 2011: Application Deadline: April 1, 2011.
- HERS Wellesley: (Four three-day sessions across the academic year): Application Deadline: May 1, 2011.
- October 13 – 15, 2011
- November 10 – 12, 201ll
- February 2 – 4, 2012
- March 15 – 17, 2012.