UCM now offers college credit for qualified high school Project Lead the Way® courses. Upon completion of the course(s) students can apply the credits toward degree programs such as Engineering Technology and Engineering & Technology Teacher Education.
Approved High School PLTW courses for UCM include:
Introduction to Engineering Design -CTE 1300
Principles of Engineering -ENGT 1000
Digital Electronics -ET 1050
Requirements For Your Students To Get Dual Credit:
- High School Program must be State PLTW certified
- Student must pass the course with a B or better
- Student must pass Exam C (college exam) at 70% or higher
- Course grades must be on an official transcript
- Exam grade must be documented by the High School
Engineering Technology is one related major at UCM where students can use PLTW courses to complete their degree requirements. Engineering technologists use the principles and theories of science, engineering and mathematics to solve technical problems in design, sales, construction, electronics, research and development, and/or manufacturing.
Graduates of this program will be proficient in the following areas:
- Current Technologies
- Applied Calculus
- Students choice of technical specialization
Engineering & Technology Teacher Education is another related major at UCM in which students can use PLTW courses to complete degree requirements. Engineering & Technology Teachers introduce students to subjects that affect and apply to their everyday lives through hands-on, project and problem based learning.
Graduates of this program are qualified to teach:
- Manufacturing Technologies
- Construction Technologies
- Energy & Power Technologies
- Engineering & Design Education (PLTW)