Application for Degree
Before completing the application for degree, please read the following and click the "I acknowledge" button at the bottom of the page. If you have already applied for your degree, please do not reapply at this time. If you have any questions concerning your application, please contact the Office of the Registrar in Ward Edwards 1000 (660-543-4900). Once you have applied for graduation monitor your UCM e-mail account closely for future updates and important information about your graduation.
Checklist for Undergraduate Degree Candidates
- All undergraduate students who have completed an Application for
Degree with the Office of the Registrar will be placed on an appropriate
graduation list. Each student must keep the Registrars Office
informed of any changes in graduation plans. A non-refundable graduation fee will be assessed for each graduation candidate. Candidates must apply at least thirty days prior to the commencement ceremony.
- CANDIDATES MUST REVIEW A COPY OF THE COMPLETED APPLICATION FOR DEGREE.
The evaluation including all remaining graduation requirements will
be sent to each students UCMO email address approximately 1-2
weeks after receipt of the application. Please review this evaluation
as noted and then make any necessary adjustment in your scheduled coursework.
All requirements must be met before a degree will be conferred. This
includes departmental substitutions, U removals, listings
of departmentally approved major electives, and all other deficiencies.
If you do not receive the email indicating the graduation list
to which you have been added and your remaining requirements, please
contact the Registrars Office.
- Candidates planning to participate in the commencement ceremony may pick up a cap and gown at the University Store approximately one month before graduation. Picture ID is required. Name cards can be picked up at the Registrar's Office during Finals week. Picture ID is required. Summer graduation candidates participate in the spring ceremony.
- Teacher education candidates must contact the Teacher Certification
Office (Lov 2170) concerning a teaching certificate.
- Candidates must fulfill all financial obligations to the University
before their final transcript and diploma will be issued.
- A candidate who has borrowed Federal Perkins Loan aid while
enrolled at Central is required to schedule an exit interview with
Student Financial Services (Ward Edwards 1100, 660.543.8266).
This should be done during his/her final semester. A candidate who has
borrowed Federal Stafford Loan aid must also attend an exit
interview. However, he/she will be notified by the Office of Student
Financial Assistance regarding when and where these sessions will be