Step 2: Copy Preparation
Electronic files may be submitted on Zip, CD, USB drive or attached to an email addressed to email@example.com. Please make sure your disk is labeled with your contact information, the file name and date. Disks or CDs must be accompanied by an Electronic Prepress Imaging Form, detailing the information pertinent to the files located there, as well as a Printing Job Order. You also need to include a hard copy of what the files contain. Forms are available to download, or you may call Publishing & Promotions at 543-4484.
As a new feature, you can now order business cards, letterheads and envelopes online by visiting www.ucmo.edu/printorder. You will be able to type in the information you want, as well as choose which of the available logos you prefer; you will be able to proof your information online before submitting it.
In the printing industry a Macintosh environment is standard, but we support both Macintosh and PC files. Properly-saved Pdf files can save production time, but be sure to provide all files used in the creation of your job. Art, photographs, page layout and fonts must accompany job requests. The following software is supported; earlier versions may also be accepted (contact us with specific software questions).
Printing Services supports
Copy Center Supports PC
* Disks or CDs must be accompanied by an Electronic Prepress Imaging Form, detailing the information pertinent to the files located there, as well as a Printing Job Order. Forms are available to download, or you may call Publishing & Promotions at 543-4484.
Publishing & Promotions equipment is best fitted for the following sizes:
- 5.5” x 8.5” - books need to be set up as 5.3125” x 8.5”
- 6” x 9” - books need to be set up 5.9375” x 9”
- 8.5” x 11” - (more than 8 pages) books need to be set up as 8.4375” x 11”
- 8.5” x 11” - (6 pages) books need to be set up as 8.3125” x 11”
The following items need to be supplied to Printing Services during this step:
- Printing Job or Copy Center Order Form
- Laser Image Setting Form
- Sample of the job or dummy of how the finished product should appear
- Fonts used
- Original Artwork
More about artwork and files:
- Manipulating Images – Please do all the rotating, sizing, and coloring of your images in the program in which they were created, such as Photoshop or Illustrator, not in your desktop publishing program.
- Layers – Please send us the “native” file in case we need to make changes, but also send us a version of the file with the merged layers and outlined text. This will allow us to better handle your files.
- Use high resolution images and reliable fonts. Images taken from the web are generally low resolution and do not reproduce well.
After all copy and artwork is in place, the customer will receive a proof for final approval. Please plan on returning proofs within two working days. Proofing is the customer’s responsibility and any changes after the final proof may result in additional expense.