Academic Affairs / Provost
Course Fees Committee Official Charge
A. To evaluate and determine the appropriateness of course fees proposed by the academic departments in accordance with the guidelines established in the Faculty Guide in the Section II under Additional Costs of Courses.
B. To serve as the university’s official recommending body for said course fees.
II. POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
Reports to the Vice Provost for Academic Programs and Services
1. One faculty representative from each college appointed by the Faculty Senate
2. One College Dean
3. One Department Chair
4. One undergraduate student
5. One graduate student
6. The Vice Provost for Academic Programs and Services will chair the committee.
1. Faculty member nominated by the FS Committee on Committees and confirmed by the Faculty Senate.
2. College Dean appointed by the Provost (Chief Learning Officer)
3. One Department Chair appointed by the Academic Council
4. One undergraduate student appointed by the Student Government Association Spring of each year for the following Academic Year
5. One graduate student appointed by the Associate Dean of Graduate Studies Spring of each year for the following Academic Year
6. The Vice Provost for Academic Programs and Services (ex officio/non-voting)
C. Selection of Chair
The Vice Provost for Academic Programs and Services will chair the committee.
D. Term of Service
Two years. After serving a term, a member will be ineligible to serve for a period of one year. Exceptions may be made by the Faculty Senate Committee on Committees or the Faculty Senate Elections Committee.
III. The chair is responsible for creating and maintaining a Procedures Manual and a record of committee proceedings. The chair may appoint a secretary for this task.
This committee meets a minimum of twice per year, once in the spring and once in the fall.
This committee may hold additional meetings as needed.
Committees may conduct business and voting via electronic means.
Revised December 2012