Academic Affairs / Provost
- About Academic Affairs
- Academic Procedures and Regulations
- Transfer Guidelines
- Faculty/Staff Resources
- Faculty/Staff Support & Development
- Faculty Compensation
- Internal Program Review
- Organizations & Governance Groups
- Administrative Committees
- Academic Program Review Committee
- Academic Software Funding Committee
- Awards Selection Committee
- Central Technology Grants Committee
- Centralized Software Acquisition Review Board
- Course Fees Committee
- Graduate Council
- Honors College Advisory Committee
- Human Subjects Committee
- Information Technology Policy Council
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- Intercollegiate Athletics Advisory Committee
- Library Advisory Committee
- Scholarships and Awards Advisory Committee
- Teacher Education Council
- Traffic and Parking Policy Committee
- Traffic Review Board
- University Research Council
Academic Program Review Committee's Official Charge
(Updated September, 2011)
- To evaluate five-year review reports of existing academic programs and make recommendations focusing on contribution to the University mission, academic quality, and resource adequacy and utilization efficiency. The APRC review will be completed in accordance with the Internal Program Review Process and Timetable (revised 5/27/08).
- To evaluate new program proposals and make recommendations to the provost.
- To promote continuous self-assessment by colleges and departments to improve the quality and the delivery of academic programs.
- To advise and to perform the tasks set forth in Board of Governors Policy 3.1.010 (with appendices, 3.1.010A and 3.1.010B), Faculty Retrenchment Policy and Procedures.
- To undertake other tasks as assigned by the provost.
- Position in the Organizational Structure
- Two full-time faculty members from each academic college and one each from the Library and Academic Enrichment. Department chairs are ineligible to serve. Faculty representatives shall be elected by the full-time faculty of the respective college/unit for a term of three years. Faculty terms shall be staggered to promote continuity of committee operations. Faculty members shall not vote on programs housed within their respective departments.
- Deans (college deans, dean of the library). Deans shall not vote on programs housed within their respective colleges/units.
- Vice Provost for Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment (non-voting)
- Elected annually from among the faculty representatives of the committee.
- The faculty member must be in his/her second or third year of service on the Committee.
- The chair may be reelected to a second term.
- The chair is responsible for creating and maintaining a Procedures Manual, a copy to be kept in the Provost’s Office and the Faculty Senate Office.
- This committee meets once per month (typically the first Thursday of the month) including the summer months.
FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY:
The university curriculum process for new program proposals is located at the curriculum website: https://www.ucmo.edu/fsucc/secureCurriculumApproval/index.php. Enter user ID and password then click on the link labeled 'University Curriculum Process.