Academic Affairs / Provost
Scholarships and Awards Advisory Committee
To annually review applications for selected UCM Foundation Scholarship programs to determine the student recipients.
II. POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
Reports to the University Scholarships and Awards Officer
A. Composition (13)
1. Two faculty members from each college
2. One faculty member from L/AE
3. One student member
4. One faculty member representing the Graduate Council
5. One representative from Financial Aids
6. University Scholarships and Awards Officer (ex officio/non-voting)
1. Faculty members nominated by FS Committee on Committees and confirmed by the Faculty Senate
2. Student appointed by the Student Government Association
3. Faculty member appointed by the Graduate Council
4. Director of Financial Aid or designee (ex officio)
C. Selection of Chair
University Scholarships and Awards Officer shall be Chair
D. Term of Service
1. Faculty members: two years
2. Student member: one year
The committee chair is responsible for creating and maintaining a Procedures Manual, a copy to be kept in the Faculty Senate Office.
Committees may conduct business and voting via electronic means.