How can I obtain a list of the registered sex offenders in Johnson County, Missouri?
To obtain a list of currently registered sex offenders who work or attend school on a full-time or part-time basis at University of Central Missouri, contact the Department of Public Safety at 306 Broad Street.
Missouri State Highway Patrol Sex Offender Registry: Missouri Sex Offender Registry Home
What is the SAFE Team?
The Student Assistant Foot patrol and Escort Team members are part-time, uniformed, student employees who patrol the campus on foot at night to help deter crime and provide a walking escort from building exit to building entrance or parking areas for students, faculty, staff, and visitors. The SAFE Team is in operation seven nights per week (during the regular academic year when the university is in session) from 8:00 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. with extended duty on weekends. To request a SAFE Team escort during the above hours, dial SAFE (7233) and a SAFE Team member will be dispatched to walk you wherever you wish to go on campus.
If I report a crime to the University Police, do I also need to report it to the Warrensburg Police Department?
No! If the crime occurred on university property, the University Police Department is responsible to investigate that crime.
Are University Police officers "real" police?
Yes! University Police officers are all commissioned by the City of Warrensburg, as well as the State of Missouri. They have all attended the POST approved basic police academy and are state certified peace officers. The university police department operates like any other police department. The Police Division consists of 18 full-time personnel, which includes a Police Operations Commander, Shift Sergeants, a Detective Sergeant, a Police/Community Services Sergeant, and Patrol Officers. Officers and dispatchers are on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Officer duties include the enforcement of state laws, city ordinances, and the rules, regulations, and policies of University of Central Missouri. Other duties include criminal investigations, warrant service, patrol of campus, and crowd control/protection at university events.
What is the jurisdiction of the University Police?
All university police officers are commissioned by the City of Warrensburg, therefore, they have the same arrest authority as Warrensburg Police Officers. University police officers also have state commissions, which gives them arrest authority on any property owned by University of Central Missouri, even when that property is located outside the Warrensburg city limits.
What are the qualifications to be a UCM police officer?
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in criminal justice or a related field.
- At least 21 years of age and possess a valid Missouri Driver License at time of appointment.
- Qualified to obtain police powers, i.e. commission by the university and city of Warrensburg.
- Physically be able to perform job related tasks and defensive tactics skills after being trained.
- Be a citizen of the United States and a resident of Missouri.
- Be of good moral character, never having been convicted of any felony or crime involving moral turpitude.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with university students, employees, visitors, and other law enforcement and public safety agencies.
- Be able to work irregular hours and all-weather conditions.
- Work in potentially life-threatening and extremely stressful situations.
What is the selection process for employment in the police division?
The selection process consists of a series of competitive tests and examinations to be given in the order listed below. Applicants must successfully complete each step before hire.
- Written examination
- Oral board interview
- Background check
- Final interview with the Director of Public Safety
- Upon a conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete:
- Computer Voice Stress Analysis
- Psychological test and personal interview
- Medical examination
- Drug screen analysis