The Graphic Identity Program
The University of Central Missouri has developed a series of marks that comprise the visual identity of the institution. Because the first contact one has with Central Missouri is often through printed and online communications, it is vitally important that graphic and brand standards be followed closely.
This manual includes descriptions of the logos and guidelines for their use, including recommended colors and typefaces. When used according to the guidelines described here, these elements will work together to give all University of Central Missouri communications a unique and cohesive appearance.
The Office of Publishing & Promotions is responsible for ensuring the correct use and integrity of the signature, crest, seal, and other logos on all university publications and other materials, whether produced by the university or by an outside agency. This manual is intended to provide a set of basic guidelines for the implementation of the marks that represent the university in its communications, but of course it cannot cover all possible situations and applications. If you have questions concerning use of this manual or the implementation of the logos and marks described within, please contact:
Publishing & Promotions
University of Central Missouri
Warrensburg, MO 64093
660-543-4484, FAX 660-543-8336
The basic guidelines for the University of Central Missouri graphic identity program are simple.
- Use the university marks as the primary means of communicating the university's name by making it an element in anytype of communication from the university. Be sure to use the appropriate mark for the audience.
- Always use the appropriate R or TM, particularly when using the marks on items for resale such as apparel, etc. TM shallbe added on the marks that are not yet registered, as well as the words and acronyms that are associated with the university.
- Do not modify, redraw, reproportion or use alternative typefaces to change or embellish the logo or mark in any way.
- Do not use the university logos in conjunction with any other logo or mark. In rare cases, exceptions to this guideline maybe granted; such exceptions will be decided on a case-by-case basis by Publishing & Promotions.
- Logos and marks may not be used on any item for resale without approval from the University Licensing Committee.
Please note that these guidelines are basic, and more specific information may be found on the pages illustrating individual marks. Please refer to those pages or contact Publishing & Promotions (660-543-4484) if you need further clarification.