Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP)
The SMP is a volunteer officer training program that allows Army National Guard and Army Reserve enlisted members to participate in the Advance ROTC Program. Upon completion of Basic Training, a reserve component soldier that is an academic sophomore can join ROTC and earn a commission as an officer in the United States Army upon graduation.
In addition, contracted non-scholarship ROTC cadets and Reserve Forces Duty (RFD) scholarship cadets can join a reserve component unit and the SMP. The intent of the SMP is to increase officer accessions into the Reserve Components by increasing ROTC enrollment from enlisted National Guard and Reserve members who are attending college.
What is SMP to me?
Who is Eligible?
What do I Need to do to Enroll in SMP?
Local Units and Recruiters
|What is SMP to me?
The SMP program provides:
- An opportunity to gain both a commission as a Second Lieutenant and a college degree
- Hands-on management and leadership training
- An ROTC stipend as a contracted ROTC cadet plus E-5 drill pay as a serving Guardsmen or Reservist
- Annual Training and ROTC Advanced Camp pay
- Montgomery GI Bill and tuition assistance
- An opportunity to win a reserve forces scholarship
- An opportunity for volunteer training in Airborne, Air Assault, Northern or Mountain Warfare Training
|Who is Eligible?
- Has completed Basic Training
- Is an academic sophomore
- Is physically qualified
- Is under 30 years of age upon commissioning (waiverable through age 34)
- Has a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Has or agrees to have four years remaining on their current military obligation
- Is a full time student
- Is a U.S. citizen
|What do I Need to do to Enroll in SMP?
The individual must:
- Enlist in the Army National Guard or U.S. Army Reserve if not already a member
- Discuss his/her interest with the unit commander, and gain a letter of acceptance into the SMP program and an endorsement from the unit to the professor of Military Science affirming your aptitude ability to become an officer.
- Interview with the ROTC Recruiting Operations Officer or Professor of Military Science
- Take a DoDMERB physical
- Register for Military Science
- Provide ROTC unit with:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Copy of DD 214/220
- DA 4836 if less than 4 years are left on your current enlistment
- NGB 594-1 or DA 4892
- APFT Card (DA 705)
- Copy of your latest physical exam
- Copy of transcripts and ACT/SAT scores
SSG Cameron M. Hood
US Army Recruiting Station
120 E. Cooper Ave, Ste H
Warrensburg, MO 64093
SFC Damon Gates
Recruiting and Retention NCO
708 S. Maguire
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Office: (660) 747-8921
Cell: (877) 422-4782
Fax: (660) 747-8395
Office: (660) 747-8211
Cell: (660) 238-3552
Fax: (660) 747-7336