Central Regional Professional Development Center
Satellite Leadership Academy
Missouri’s Theory of Action, as documented in its state
model evaluation system, maintains that improving student performance happens by improving the professional
practice of the adults who guide and direct student
learning. The Leadership Academy Program’s Plan of Study
focuses on essential elements associated with researchbased
performance development. These essential elements
include the use of research-based performance targets; the
use of multiple levels of performance that identify status
and growth; the use of timely and deliberate meaningful
feedback; and a relentless focus on the improvement of
student performance outcomes.
Leadership Academy participants will develop and refine strategies to enhance and improve professional practice associated with improved student performance through a program that includes:
• Statewide and regional meetings
• Expertise in implementing quality educator development systems.
• Application of the effective use of data
• Networking opportunities with educators across the state
The Central/KC RPDC SLA Practioner Facilitators are:
- Heidi Mackey, Principal, Knob Noster R-VIII
- Jackie Duvall, Assistant Superintendent, Warrensburg R-VI
- Gustava Cooper-Baker - Consultant
For more information on the state Satellite Academy Program please visit the DESE website.