Missouri Safety Center
- ATV Safety Course
- Commercial Motor Vehicle/CDL
- Crash Reconstruction/ Investigation
- Crisis & Disaster Management Online Degree Programs
- Defensive Driving
- Driver Education
- Driver Improvement Program (DIP)
- Ignition Interlock Device Program
- Instructor Development Course
- Law Enforcement
- Missouri Motorcycle Safety Program (MMSP)
- School Bus Safety
High School Driver Education Program
June (TBA), 2014, from 8:00 am - 12:00 noon ~ class maximum 24 students
Cost: $275.00 per student, due at time of enrollment, for 48 hours of instruction. Enrollment 2014 begins April 1, you must come in person to the Instructional Park 1200 S Holden in Warrensburg, MO.
- Course is four hours per day for two weeks (classroom and range).
- With two individual driving sessions called Behind-the-Wheel (BTW); three hours per
session, both days. The student's BTW schedule will be set during the first week of class.
Where: Missouri Safety Center's Highway Safety Instructional Park at 1200 S. Holden in Warrensburg, MO.
We recommend that you drop off and pick up the student outside the gate on Holden St. due to the congestion and other classes being held at the same time.
- Refunds (less a $15.00 cancellation fee) will only be issued if cancellation notice is given at least two weeks prior to beginning class date of June (TBA) 2014. To cancel, please call 800-801-3588 or 660-543-4834.
Who: Students must be at least 15 years old on the first day of class to attend. They can be older than 16 but they MUST still be in High School.
Permit: Students MUST have their driving permit prior to their BTW sessions.
License: Students may already have their driver’s license but it is not mandatory.
Instructors: State certified driver education instructors.
Attendance: Successful attendance to ALL sessions (classroom/range/BTW) is required.
Completion: 70% classroom, 70% Driving Range and 80% Behind-the-Wheel driving.
Certificate: A certificate and letter of completion are given to students who successfully complete all phases of the program. A letter grade for each phase of the program, as well as an overall letter grade will be issued. Grading percentages are 90-80-70.
Insurance: Many insurance companies give a discount for driver education and some require a minimum grade point. You should check with your agent to be sure.
Credit: 1/4 credit is recognized by most high schools. To receive the credit at your high school, you will need to take the certificate and letter received upon completion to your high school principal as proof of completion.
Cars: New vehicles on loan from local dealers, as well as late model mid-sized two and four door sedans with automatic transmissions.
Conduct: Any student that does not adhere to our posted building and conduct policies will be dismissed. The parent or guardian will be contacted and asked to pick up the child.
Smoking: No students, under the age of 18, are allowed to smoke on the grounds of the Missouri Safety Center.