School of Environmental, Physical & Applied Sciences
Earth Sciences Major, B.S. in Education Degree
The Bachelor of Science in Education Earth Science major is designed to provide students withe knowledge and skills necessary to become an effective high school earth science teacher. The state-approved earth science secondary education program is designed to prepare accomplished teachers for the 21st century who are equipped with knowledge, skills and attitudes that will enable them to meet the needs of a multicultural student population in a highly technological society.
This is a recommended program of study.
The graduate with a Earth Science major, Bachelor of Science in Education degree will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Challenge the Praxis and C-BASE exams allowing them to be licensed as teachers upon successful completion of these exams.
- Be qualified for teacher certification in the state of Missouri.
- Be qualified to apply for graduate programs in education.
The Earth Science minor requires 20 Hours:
- EASC 1004 Intro. to the Sciences: Geology 4
- EASC 2200 Historical Geology 4
- Electives in earth science 12
Any questions, please feel free to contact program coordinator at 660-543-4933.