Student Financial Services
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Federal legislation requires that the following notice of rights accorded to students be provided by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
This Act provides students, and former students, certain rights, which generally stated, are:
- the right to review his/her educational records and files,
- the right to have no educational data released to third parties unless the University of Central Missouri first has the consent of the student to do so,.
- the right to be excluded from directories,
- the right to challenge, or object to the contents of any educational records on the grounds that they are inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise inappropriate, and
- the right to file a complaint in regard to such rights with HEW.
A copy of the University of Central Missouri policy implementing and further explaining FERPA may be obtained from the UCM Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs. If a student wishes to allow access to his/her student and financial aid accounts by members of his/her family, employer or anyone else, a Release of Student Financial Information must be completed.
The University of Central Missouri is committed to helping you protect your privacy and personal information and will never sell or intentionally share your confidential information with a third party.
FAFSA Code: 002454