School of Technology Graduate Programs
UCM-ASQ Student Chapter
The 6th Annual Quality Management Conference
Click here to register!
The ASQ-UCM Student Chapter organized the 6th annual Quality Management Conference on Thursday, September 18th, 2014, 9.00 am - 3.30pm. The conference theme will be“Lean Tools & 5S in Waste Reduction”. The activities include expert panel discussion, student research presentation, industrial case presentation, and door prizes. ASQ members, faculty, staff and students from UCM and other universities/colleges, and industrial professionals are welcome to attend.
This conference is sponsored by the School of Technology at UCM, UCM Student Funding Committee, and ASQ Section 1301 Kansas City.
Mr. Price will discuss ways organizations can embrace quality and environmental sustainability by employing recent innovations in materials management, materials reuse, recycling, and zero-waste concepts.�� He will share his experiences with materials reuse in the industrial sector and regulations that affect recycling.�� He will also share his experiences with redeveloping underutilized industrial facilities and the opportunities such facilities present to enhance sustainable and quality-oriented business practices.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our student organizer: Josie Zanti, email email@example.com, phone (660) 543-8697.
View the program agenda.
The student chapter website it located at
Video footage from the expert panel discussion from the 3rd Annual Quality Management Conference is still available. Previous conferences have proven to be of great success with attendees including students, faculty and staff from both UCM and Kansas State University as well as the ASQ 1301 members. To watch the videos from the previous events, please click on the"Project and Conferences" link below, or view the gallery links provided.
The ASQ-UCM student chapter has been established by the Master of Science degree programs in the School of Technology at the University of Central Missouri. This organization was formally approved by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) headquarters on April 28, 2009. The Master of Science degree in Industrial Management and Technology programs promote activities for the development of professional skills in students. It also encourages students to practice skills in leadership, management, teamwork, and quality.
Our mission is to bring awareness to students about the importance of quality in today’s industry and business, as well as help them gain knowledge by interacting with quality professionals working in diverse organizations.
Student Chapter Purpose
- Provide student members with the latest information regarding quality
- Provide student members with an awareness of quality related issues in the industrial and academic worlds
- Expose students to the real world practices of quality by providing them an opportunity to network with professionals in the quality management field
- Provide students an opportunity to develop and display leadership abilities and techniques
- Instill a desire for continued professional/technical society affiliation
- Reflect a favorable and responsible image of this school in industry
Dr. Suhansa Rodchua, Assistant Professor in Industrial Management, serves as the student chapter's advisor. Joleen Byerline, Ph.D. Fellow in Graduate Programs, serves as the student chapter's co-advisor.
Ongoing Student Chapter Activities
- Organize and hold the Quality Management conference at UCM with guest speakers from business and industry
- Attend the study tour and workshop/meeting from the ASQ Section 1301
- Attend the ASQ World Conference
- Research and publish technical reports in the areas of quality, technology management, industrial engineering, and others
- Volunteer to help and support local communities
- Provide a book donation project - The major purpose of this project is to build a small size library on quality books/media to be donated to developing countries
- Mentoring Warrensburg High School FIRST Robotics Team for 2013 Competition in Kansas City
ASQ Student Membership at UCM
As a student, annual membership fee is $28 USD (paid to ASQ headquarters). If not a student, the fee will be between $74-$129.
The benefits of student membership include:
- Quality Progress magazine - online
- One Section membership
- ASQ Weekly e-newsletter
- ASQ Quality News Today - daily newsfeed
- Member rates on books, standards, certifications, and journals
This ASQ-UCM Student Chapter is the first student organization in the master’s programs in Industrial Management and Technology at the School of Technology. It was formally approved by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) headquarters on April 28, 2009 and under sponsorship of the ASQ Section 1301 Kansas City Chapter. The master's programs in Industrial Management and Technology were also the first master’s programs accredited by the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Sciences (ATMAE) in November 2008. The master's degree programs promote activities for the development of professional skills in students. It also encourages students to practice skills in leadership, management, teamwork, and quality. Please select a link below to learn more about our student chapter.
To join ASQ, click the ASQ logo. Click on the tab "Join ASQ" on the top right. Select "Student Member" and click 'continue' at the bottom. Please complete the sections for your information and email address. Please note that Section 1301 Kansas City is our section sponsor. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Sue Rodchua. If you are already an ASQ member, please let us know so that we can include your name in the UCM-ASQ Student Chapter.