- About Us
- Occuptional Safety and Health, B.S.
- Safety Management, B.S.
- Industrial Hygiene, M.S.
- Occupational Safety Management, M.S.
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Faculty and Staff
Safety Sciences Mission
The mission of the Safety Sciences programs is to develop skills and knowledge of students in the pursuit of excellence for professional careers in safety, health and environmental disciplines.
Safety Sciences strives to achieve national and international recognition as an accredited academic leader through the application of scientific theories and principles, best practices, and social responsibility to advance the EHS profession.
Safety Sciences embraces the following core values:
- Appreciate, educate, and stimulate students in a positive learning environment to develop leadership, technical expertise, and professional skills required to pursue a successful career in the field of EHS.
- Promote life-long learning through active participation and contributions to appropriate professional organizations and communities.
- Encourage and promote scholarly research activities to create and expand knowledge for EHS practices.
- Recognize, value and utilize faculty time in a resourceful and beneficent manner for continuous improvement, creativity, and individual professional development.
- Apply principles of business and risk management practices in our relevant disciplines.
- Collaborate with private and public sector employers, advisory board members, and accreditation bodies to enhance knowledge for the protection of people, resources and the environment.
- Serve in leadership roles to demonstrate integrity, quality and respect in all functions and responsibilities.
- Advocate ethical practices for students, faculty, and alumni.