FAQ - Graduate
How do I apply?
Complete your application and be sure to provide the School of Graduate & Extended Studies with official transcripts.
Those transcripts can be sent to:
University of Central Missouri
School of Graduate & Extended Studies
Ward Edwards Room 1800
Warrensburg, MO 64093
If you have any questions about applying, contact the School of Graduate & Extended Studies at 877-729-8266 ext. 3.
Can I take any of these courses online?
The Occupational Safety Management program is offered entirely online for those with experience as safety professionals or an academic background in safety.
What are admission requirements?
Students seeking admission* to the Industrial Hygiene program must have:
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- Course work must include one year of chemistry (including organic), one year of biology (including mammalian or human physiology), one year of math (including statistics) and one semester of physics that includes a lab.
- Completed the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
- Submit a three-to-five page essay that demonstrates writing skills and relates proposed graduate education to professional goals.
- Application for admission will not be considered by the department prior to receipt of the GRE score and required essay.
*The department will consider applicants that do not meet all of the above criteria on a case by case basis.
Students seeking admission to the Occupational Safety Management program must:
- Have a baccalaureate degree with a GPA of 2.5.
- Submit a three-to-five page essay that demonstrates writing skills and relates proposed graduate degree learning outcomes to professional goals.
- Have completed a semester of business or industrial management, a semester of behavioral science (i.e. psychology or sociology), one semester of two different college level science classes with laboratory (i.e. chemistry, life science or biology) and a semester of college level algebra and statistics.
- Exhibit an acceptable level of competence on a departmentally designated exit examination to be completed during the last semester of study.
- Application for admission will not be considered by the department prior to submission of the required essay.
Where can I find student enrollment and graduation data?
UCM publishes a Fact Book with enrollment infomation and graduation data for the University and individual programs.