Student Learning Objectives
The graduate with a Master of Science degree in Occupational Safety Management (all emphases) will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the programs to:
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of professional integrity and ethical standards.
- Recognize the importance of contemporary, global and societal issues as they relate to the practice of occupational safety and health.
- Develop, coordinate and/or participate on multidisciplinary teams to protect people, property and the environment.
- Recognize the importance of life-long learning for the purpose of enhancing discipline specific technical competencies.
- Analyze injury, illness and liability trends to help establish priority direction.
- Organize limited resources for optimum risk control.
- Develop, implement and evaluate hazard control processes for a performance safety program.