Occupational Safety & Health, B.S. Degree
OSH Student Learning Objectives
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Safety and Health will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the programs to:
- Demonstrate an awareness of legal, professional and ethical responsibilities
- Understand the importance of continuous professional development
- Possess knowledge of contemporary Safety Science and Technology issues faced in local, national and global contexts
- Identify technical solutions to occupational safety and health problems
- Identify scientific solutions to the mitigation of hazardous exposures.
OSH Program Outcomes
Additionally, the graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety and Health will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to demonstrate the following specific Program Outcomes:
- Demonstate the ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
- Apply professional integrity and ethical standards.
- Analyze the importance of contemporary, global, and society issues as they relate to the practice of occupational safety and health.
- Develop, coordinate and/or participate on multidisciplinary teams to protect people, property and the environment.
- Engage in life-long learning for the purpose of enhancing discipline specific technical competencies.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement appropriate technical and scientific hazard mitigation strategies.