UCM Lee's Summit
Getting Started Checklist
- Apply to UCM for admission. Contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office (877-SAY-UCMO-opt. 1; www.ucmo.edu/admissions) or the Graduate School (877-SAY-UCMO-opt. 3; www.ucmo.edu/graduate).
- Official Transcripts. You must have official transcripts on file to enroll after your first semester. Undergraduates: Send to UCM, Office of Admissions, WDE 1400, Warrensburg, MO 64093. Graduates: Send to UCM, Graduate School, WDE 1800, Warrensburg, MO 64093.
- UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS: Meet with the Academic Advisor to review your initial status. To schedule an appointment, call Brenda Furhat 660-543-8252 or send an email to email@example.com.
- GRADUATE STUDENTS: Meet with your faculty advisor for a transcript evaluation, to create a program of study, and for enrollment assistance. Please contact the Graduate School at 877-SAY-UCMO-opt. 3, to obtain your advisor’s name and information.
- After admission acceptance, make note of your ID number, logins, and passwords. Keep them in a safe place. You will need to refer to them often.
- Student ID number: A 9-digit number that begins with a “700” (a.k.a. your “seven hundred number”)
- Enroll in courses through MyCentral, your student portal via Banner: https://mycentral.ucmo.edu/cp/home/displaylogin.
- MyCentral Login: 9-digit ID number starting with a “700”
- MyCentral PIN/password: a link to your assigned password will be sent to the personal email address you provided when you applied for admission
- Full-time enrollment for undergraduates is at least 12 hours, for graduates is at least 9 hours.
Network, Student Email, & Blackboard (Available 24-48 hours after enrollment.)
- Login: three initials plus the last four digits of your “700 number,“ plus a zero (e.g. abc56780).
- Student email address: three initials, last four digits of your “700 number,“ plus a zero @ucmo.edu (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password: Click on the password change tab in My Central.
- Request a student ID card. Forms are available at the Summit Center’s front desk.
- Order textbooks from the University Bookstore: online at www.ucmbookstore.com, or call 800-330-7698. Choose “Tnsfr to Summit Ctr” as the destination. You may pick up your books at the Summit Center’s front desk.
- Pay your fees. You can view your bill online at www.ucmo.edu/sfs/pay. Call Student Financial Services at 8770-SAY-UCMO-opt. 4 for assistance.
- Validate your enrollment. Attend class the first day, or if you are unable to, contact the instructor prior to the first day of class to indicate your intention to continue your enrollment. Otherwise, you may be dropped from the course. Students MAY be dropped and will still be financially responsible if they don't attend class and don't get dropped. Online classes are exempt from validation.
- Check your student email account at http://mail.ucmo.edu. Your email address is your three initials, last four digits of your “700 number,” plus a zero @ucmo.edu (e.g. email@example.com).
- Check Blackboard at http://ucmo.blackboard.com/webapps/login/. All online courses use Blackboard, as well as many face-to-face classes.
- Federal and State Grants and Loans/Veterans Services, Scholarships:
- 877-SAY-UCMO-opt. 4
- Librarian for Distance Learning:
- Marian Davis: 660-543-8850 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Items may be picked up and returned via the front desk at the Summit Center.
- Non-traditional Student Services: