- About the School
- Bachelor Degrees
- Minor Areas of Study
- Graduate Programs
- Technology Internship
- For Future Students
- For Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
- Contact Information
- Research/Grants & Community Support
Fashion Mission Statement and Goals
Fashion Mission Statement
The Fashion and Apparel Merchandising Program provides a supportive academic environment that will assist students in reaching their potential outcomes. The program seeks to enable diverse constituencies to successfully pursue educational, business, technical, and career goals. The Fashion and Apparel Merchandising Program places importance on developing each student's self-understanding, encouraging self-expression and stimulating intellectual curiosity through the use of classroom and electronic technology.
Fashion and Apparel Merchandising Program Goals
A major in Fashion: Textiles and Clothing in Business will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Communicate and collaborate effectively in both individual and team settings in a creative environment.
- Demonstrate professional qualities that are socially, ethically and responsibly moral in a diverse society.
- Use technology to create and present materials, organize and analyze data, and manage the production of soft goods from development through retail consumption.
- Demonstrate awareness of constant changes within the global fashion market and the need for sustainable materials in textile products.
- Interact effectively with co-workers, supervisors and customers to solve problems that lead to effective management and leadership.
FAMe and FCS Unit Mission and Goals
Unit Mission Statement
The Family and Consumer Sciences Unit promotes an enriched lifestyle for individuals and families by preparing them to become better citizens within the community and global society. The framework for these programs is structured to promote lifelong learning through leadership, scholarship and service. Students are encouraged to be caring and compassionate individuals in a diverse and sustainable environment that recognizes behavioral and technological changes evolving over the lifespan.
The Unit Goals seek to:
create an all-inclusive, high-quality educational environment that includes rigorous relevant curricula enhancing the Unit’s mission/goals and integrating the Body of Knowledge.
engage faculty and students in leadership, scholarship, and service opportunities that best prepares them to be confident and competent professionals.
provide technology-centered learning environments that best meets students’ workforce needs in a 21st century global community.
provide opportunities to advocate sustainable practices that change environmental behavior in a culturally-diverse market.