- About the School
- Bachelor Degrees
- Minor Areas of Study
- Graduate Programs
- Technology Internship
- For Future Students
- For Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
- Contact Information
- Research/Grants & Community Support
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Engineering Technology will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Creatively identify, analyze and solve engineering related problems and improve processes in both technical and managerial realms.
- Demonstrate mastery of the techniques, skills and modern tools necessary for current engineering technology practices.
- Practice effective personal and technical communication in both oral and written forms.
- Demonstrate lifelong learning by applying current mathematic, scientific, engineering and technical knowledge to problem solving and by adapting to emerging applications in the engineering technology fields.
- Understand and practice professional work habits including a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
- Understand the professional, ethical and social responsibilities of an engineering technologist.
- Understand the need for working in teams and demonstrate the ability to effectively work in teams as well as lead teams.
- Demonstrate a respect for and knowledge of contemporary professional, societal and global issues.
Based on the knowledge gained and the thought processes developed. you will discover a wide variety of options after graduation. You will be prepared for positions such as project manager, sales engineer, technical service engineer, or any of various leadership positions requiring technical knowledge and the ability to work efficient with teams of people and complicated projects.