Dr. Mark Rankin
Ed. D., Clemson University, 1988
Vocational and Technical Education
M.S., Purdue University, 1982
B.S., Morehead State University,1980
- GRAP 1000 Orientation to Graphic Arts
- GRAP 1010 Fundamentals of Printing Processes
- GRAP 2030 Pre-Media: Adobe Illustrator
- GRAP 2031 Pre-Media: Adobe Photoshop
- GRAP 2035 Digital Imposition & Workflow
- GRAP 3024 Flexographic Technology
- GRAP 3040 Screen Printing
- GRAP 4038 Color Science
- GRAP 4053 Graphic Arts Production Analysis
Experience & Expertise
- Professor of Graphic Technologies, University of Central Missouri (1998-present).
- Associate Professor of Graphic Arts Technology Management, University of Central Missouri (1993-98).
- Assistant Professor of Graphic Arts Technology Management, University of Central Missouri (1988-1992).
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Clemson University (1986-88).
- Instructor of Graphic Arts, Northeast Missouri State University (1984-85).
- Lecturer of Graphic Communications, University of Wisconsin – Platteville (1983-84).
- Industrial Education Instructor, Peru State College (1982-83).
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Purdue University (1980-82)
- Technical Training Intern, Meredith/Burda Gravure Facility, Newton, NC: Developed training materials for electronic scanning, electronic page make-up, and conventional film assembly prepress production areas. Also underwent extensive orientation to all phases of the gravure manufacturing process. (Summer 1987).
- Screen Printer, Sport-About Sporting Goods, Platteville, WI: Supervised entire textile printing operation. (Summer 1984).
- Phoenix Challenge College Flexo Competition Advisor 2008-Present
- Customized Flexographic Training, Capri / Schreiber Foods, Clinton MO, Spring 2004.
- Customized Flexographic Training, Capri / Schreiber Foods, Clinton MO, Spring 2003.
- Technical Program Planner and Presenter, MO ACTE Summer Teachers Conference, July 2004.
- Technical Program Planner and Presenter, MO ACTE Summer Teachers Conference, July 2002.
- Technical Program Planner and Presenter, MO ACTE Summer Teachers Conference, July 2001.
- Print Technology Advisory Committee member, Moberly Area Community College, Moberly MO.
- Print Technology Advisory Committee member, Lake Area Career Center, Camdenton MO.
- Print Technology Advisory Committee member, Herdon Career Center, Raytown MO.
- Print Technology Advisory Committee member, Carrollton Career Center, Carrollton MO.
- GAERF Summer Teachers Conference planning committee member and presenter, 2003.
- Graph Expo, annual printing tradeshow in Chicago IL, 1989 - 2005.
- Conducted UCM Garment Screen Printing Training Institute, 1992 - 1996.
- Screen Printing Association International Conference and Trade Show, 1988 - 2005.
- Screen Printing Association International (1988 - present)
- Flexographic Technical Association (1990 - present)
- Regional Vice President of the International Graphic Arts Education Association, 1991-92, member from 1982 - present.
- Graphic Arts Technical Foundation (1982 - present)
- Technical Association for the Graphic Arts (1985 - present)
School of Technology
Grinstead 103B, UCM
Fax: 660 543-4578