Dr. Ronnie Rollins
Ed.D (2011). North Carolina State Univ. - Technology, Engineering and Design Education
MS (2002). North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University - Industrial Technology (Electronics)
BS (1994). North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University- Industrial Technology (Electronics)
2011 - Present Assistant Prof. &Program Coord. Electronics Technology, University of Central Missouri
2002 - 2009 Instructor, NCA&T St. Univ.
2001 - 2002 Graduate Teaching Assistant, NC A&T St. Univ.
2000 - 2002 IT Support/Sales, News and Record (newspaper)
1997 - 2000 IT Support/Sales, PageNet, Inc.
1993 - 1996 Store Manager/Repair Center, Radio Shack
Membership in Professional & Scientific Societies
- The Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE)
- American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Special Interest Group for Information Technology Education (SIGITE)
- Epsilon Pi Tau (EPT)
Certifications and Licenses
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate -Security (CCNA Sec)
- Cisco Certified Academy Instructor (CCAI)
- 4011 Recognition (National Security Agency (NSA) and the Committee on National Security Systems)
ET 1010 Applied Electricity
NET 1058 Computer technologies
NET 1060 Intro to Networking Basics
NET 3065 Converged Voice and Data Networks
NET 3068 Network Security
NET 4000 Special Projects
NET 1061 Routers and Routing Basics
NET 2060 Switching Basics
NET 2061 WAN Technologies
NET 4014 Advanced Technical Problem Solving
NET 4062 Advanced Switching
NET 4063 Network Support
ECT 101Microcomputer Applications
ECT 120 Quantitative Fundamentals
ECT 211 DC Circuits
ECT 212 AC Circuits
ECT 213 Digital Circuits
ITT 185 Economics and Social Impacts of IT
ITT 325 Database Management
ITT 329 Computer Networking I
ITT 330 Computer Networking I
ITT 629 Computer Networking (Grad)
ITT 630 Computer Networking II (Grad)
- Claude Hargrove and Ronnie Rollins “A Faculty Approach to Retention”, ASEE Southeastern Section Annual Conference Proceedings, Memphis, TN, April 6-8, 2008.
- Ed Van Sickle, Brian Cameron, Frank Groom, Efrem Mallach, Derrek Dunn, Denetra Rook, and Ronnie Rollins, “Storage Technologies: An Education Opportunity”. Proceedings of the 8th ACM SIGITE Conference on Information Technology Education 2007, Destin, Florida, USA pgs. 119-126
Grants and Funded Projects
- DESE Grant FY2012-2013: Cisco Academy $20,000 for University of Central Missouri. Grant qualifies for matching funds (20,000) from School of Technology. Grand Total: 40,000. PI. Dr. Ronnie Rollins
- Internal Grant: University of Central Missouri B.S. in Technology (Transfer) Program -100% Online Conversion Project (Submitted April 2011), Total Value: $210,000. The project was in response to a RFP from the UCM President. The conversion project will cost approximately $30,000 to convert (11) classes to 100% online delivery. Co-Principal Investigators/Developers include: Mr. Joseph Kupersmith, Dr. Troy Ollison, and Dr. Ronnie Rollins. PI is Dr. Jeff Ulmer. Funded Fa11. Scheduled completion of all courses: Summer 2013.
- Co-PI on FUTURES Venture grant, entitled Retention and Employability, a by-product of Faculty and Corporate Collaboration. (PI) Claude Hargrove and Ronnie Rollins (NC A&T, ECIT). $15,000 (awarded) 2006/2007 Academic Years.
- Co-PI: Focus Growth Award for Development of an on-line Graduate Program in Information Technology $70,000, (The Office of the President of the University of North Carolina), March 1, 2006 to June 30, 2008. (PI) Derrek Dunn, Angela Lemons, Denetra Rook, and Ronnie Rollins.
- Baystack Networking Equipment $20,000.00 (Cargill Information Technology Services) 2007 Academic Year.
Professional Presentations (Peer Reviewed):
- Ronnie Rollins,“Learn to Differentiate Your Instruction.” Equipping Teachers. Improving Student Outcomes Cisco Academy Annual Conference 2012, San Jose, Ca. June 18-20, 2012
- Ronnie Rollins, “Confirming Cinderella: One size does not fit all.” ATMAE Annual Conference: Strengthening Our Connections. Nashville, Tn., November 14-17, 2012, Nashville Airport Marriott
- Ronnie Rollins and Renuka Yarakaraju, “Advanced Cryptography and Steganography.” MOREnet Helix Conference and Security Symposium hosted by the University of Missouri, Kansas City, Mo March 22-23, 2012.
- Renuka Yarakaraju and Ronnie Rollins, “Advanced Cryptography and Steganography.” Learning Without Limits, MOREnet Security Symposium hosted by the University of Missouri, Kansas City, Mo March 21-23, 2012.
- Ronnie Rollins, “Assessing the Understanding and Use of Differentiated Instruction: A Comparison of Novice and Experienced Technology Education Teachers.”, Critical Questions in Education Academy for Educational Studies hosted by Missouri State University, Kansas City, Mo October 17-18, 2011.
- Claude Hargrove and Ronnie Rollins “A Faculty Approach to Retention”, ASEE Southeastern Section Annual Conference, Memphis, TN, April 6-8, 2008.
- Ed Van Sickle, Brian Cameron, Frank Groom, Efrem Mallach, Derrek Dunn, Denetra Rook, and Ronnie Rollins, “Storage Technologies: An Education Opportunity”, SIGITE Conference, Sandestin, Fl., October 18-20, 2007.
- Claude Hargrove and Ronnie Rollins, “Collaboration with Companies to Increase Retention and Employability”, 40th Annual NAIT Conference, The Past, The Present, The Future, Panama City Beach, Fl., October 23-27, 2007.
- Derrek Dunn and Ronnie Rollins, “Storage Technologies: An Education Opportunity”, 40th Annual NAIT Conference, The Past, The Present, The Future, Panama City Beach, Fl., October 23-27, 2007.
School of Technology
TRG 318, UCM
Fax: 660 543-4431