Dr. Scott B. Wilson
Automotive Technology Management
Professor and Program Coordinator
Assistant Chair, School of Technology
Ph.D. University of Missouri-Columbia -2001
Career and Technical Education
M.S. Central Missouri State University - 1983
B.S. Central Missouri State University – 1981
- ATM 1010 Power Mechanics
- ATM 2150 Movile HVAC
- ATM 3010 Transportation Systems
- ATM 3120 Steering, Suspension & Brakes
- ATM 3140 Transmission & Drive Lines
- ATM 3150 Diesel Technology
- ATM 4025 Motorcycle Systems Maintenance
- ATM 4032 Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- ATM 4034 Mechanical Power Transmission
- ATM 4036 Pneumatic/Fludic Control Systems
- ATM 4038 Advanced Hydraulics
- ATM 4410 Intermodal Surface Transportation
Experience & Expertise
- University of Central Missouri (UCM): 27 years university teaching and administrative experience, including over 10 years as a program coordinator, and 16 months as interim chair of the Aviation Department responsible for over 50 faculty and staff, FAR Part 141 flight & a FAR Part 147 maintenance training programs and a 2+ million dollar annual budget.
- Fluidyne Engineering Corporation, Department of Energy Test Rig Lab Mechanic: 1 year.
- Wilson Equipment Company, Assistant Warehouse Manager and Mechanic: 3 years.
- Member of the North American Council of Automotive Teachers (NACAT)
- Member of the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE)
- Member of the International Fluid Power Society (FPS)
- Member of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA)
- Faculty Senate Alternate, 9/2002 to 9/2004
- Faculty co-sponsor of the UCM student chapter of the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) 8/1990-8/1998
- Member of the College of Science and Technology: Curriculum Committee (1989-1993, 2008-present),
- General Studies Committee (1990-1994)
- Technology Symposium Committee (1989-1998)
- Contest chair for the Missouri State Vocational Industrial Clubs of America (VICA) skill contest. 4/1984 to 4/2003.
Certifications & Licensure
- Certified Senior Industrial Technologist (CSIT) by the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE).
- Certified Fluid Power Specialist, Certified Hydraulic Mechanic
- Accredited Fluid Power Instructor by the International Fluid Power Society (FPS).
- Certified Master Automotive Technician by the ASE (National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence)
- Certified Stanadyne Mechanical Diesel Injection Pump Technician.
- F.A.A. licensed Private Pilot-Airplane – Instrument Rated.
School of Technology
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Phone: 660-543-4940 or 4065