Cynthia Horta, M.S.
Ph.D. (Present). Indiana State University - Technology Management, Manufacturing Concentration
MS (2004). University of Central Missouri - Industrial Management
BS (2002). Technological Institute for Advance Studies of Monterrey (TIASM) - Industrial and Systems Engineer
2003 - Present Adjunct & Instructor, School of Technology University of Central Missouri
2010 - 2012 Sales and Purchase Contact Manufacturing and Services Horta
2007 - 2008 Director of Financial Aid and Scholarship & Instructor TIASM - Campus Santa Fe
2006 - 2007 Commercial Support Ternium
2005 - 2006 Project Leader Pepsi Company
Membership in Professional & Scientific Societies
- The Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE)
- American Society of Quality (ASQ)
- Epsilon Pi Tau (EPT)
- Phi Beta Delta Honor Society For International Scholars
Certifications and Licenses
- Certified Technology Manager, ATMAE
INDM 4210 - Industrial Management
INDM 4260 - Organizational Dynamics
INDM 4010 - Current Issues in Industry
INDM 4250 - Project Management
INDM 5020 - International Technology Management
INDM 5212 - Production and Operations Management
INDM 5240 - Engineering Economy
ITESM - CEM
IN 3013 - Production Lab
- Horta, C. (2010). Concurrent Engineering and Systems Integration at a Virtual Enterprise, ISA European Student Competition.
Professional Presentations (last five years)
- Horta, C. (2013). Presentation. A study to determine Best Practices for Developing Effective Small Group Collaborative Learning Activities Using Multi-User Video-Conferencing Technology. ATMAE, Developing the Future Workforce, New Orleans, LA (November 21, 2013).
- Horta, C. (2012). Presentation. A case study of the Barriers and Best Practices for Developing Effective Small Group Collaborative Learning Activities Using Multi-User Video-Conferencing Software. ATMAE, Strengthening Our Connections, Nashville, TE (November 15, 2012).
- Horta, C. (2010). Presentation. Concurrent Engineering and Systems Integration at a Virtual Enterprise. Modern Information Society Formation - Problems, Perspectives, Innovation Approaches, International Forum,ISA European Student Competition (June 8, 2010)
- Horta, C. (2010). Presentation. A study to determine the perceived impact of Recording a Fact to Face Class Presentations and Incorporating them in the Delivery of Online Courses in Technology Programs. ATMAE, Bridging the Gulf, Panama City Beach, FL (October 27, 2010).
- Horta, C. (2010). Industrial Management Instruction: A Study of Live Versus Online Course Applications and the Use of Blended Techniques to Enhance Learning in Both Environments. ATMAE, Bridging the Gulf, Panama City Beach, FL (October 27, 2010).
- Horta, C. (2009). Presentation. A study to determine the perceived impact Internet Video Technology (IVT) has on instructional methods for technology programs in selected United States Institutions of Higher Education. ATMAE, Emerging & Green Technologies, Louisville, KY (November 10, 2009).
- Horta, C. (2007). Presentation. A National Study to Benchmark Terminal Degree Programs of Listed Institutions in the National Association of Industrial Technology Annual Directory. National Association of Industrial Technology (NAIT), The Past the Present The Future, Panama City, FL (October 25, 2007).