The Honors College
Honors College Program Requirements
Honors College students follow The Honors College Program instead of the General Education Program as indicated in The Honors College Program of Study Form. In this way, Honors College students are allowed greater flexibility in how they fulfill the General Education Program requirements. For an example, please see The Honors College Graduation Work Sheet, which shows where students can choose their courses.
Specially designated honors sections of individual courses are offered in various subjects within Divisions I and II of The Honors College Program. Additionally, please note the following:
- Honors students must complete 6 credit hours in one foreign language on or before the completion of 60 credit hours. Completing 6 credit hours in one foreign language fulfills Division II, Area C, Modern Language.
- Upon the completion of 60 credit hours all students must also have discussed their Honors Project ideas with the Director of Undergraduate Research. The Honors Project Proposal should be on file in The Honors College office by the end of the student’s junior year.
- All honors students must take at least one Honors Colloquium (a 2 credit hour interdisciplinary seminar). The Honors Colloquium fulfills the Division III requirement.
- All honors students must complete their Honors Project before they graduate. Completion of the Honors Project fulfills Division IV. (Note that some majors also require either an IGEN or ICAP in Division IV.)
- All honors students are required to submit an Annual Information Update Form/ The Honors College Progress Report at the beginning of each fall semester.
All students admitted to The Honors College after Fall 2007 are required to maintain a cumulative college GPA of 3.25 to remain in good academic standing in The Honors College. Students accepted before Fall 2007 are required to maintain a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 to remain in good academic standing in The Honors College.