- High School Students
- First-Year Students
- Steps in Applying
- What to Expect (High School vs. College)
- Academic Options at UCM
- For High Ability Students
- For Home-Schooled Students
- For Students with a GED or HiSET
- For Adult Students
- For Multicultural Students
- For Recently Admitted Students
- For Students with a Disability
- Bringing in Dual Credit
- Success Program
- Recently Admitted Students
- Transfer Students
- Dual Admission Students
- Non-Degree Seeking Students
- Visiting/Summer/Readmitted Students
- Parents & Family
- High School Counselors
- Student Financial Services
The Pre-Semester Workshop involves four days filled with a host of student services workshops, student development seminars, learning strategies classes, and team building activities. Students speak highly of this opportunity. Many feel more relaxed and motivated about beginning their first semester of college following the Pre-Semester Workshop. The four-day Pre-Semester Workshop is required for students in the Success Program.
"I thought everything was covered and in a friendly and fun environment."
"I think it is important to find your bearings before school starts and this helped."
"You meet a lot of people and you knew where things were on campus so that way you didn't feel like you were lost."
"I think it went smooth, a lot different from high school so that was a change, a good change."
"The week is good. It helped with the gateway."
Campus Activities provides a variety of evening activities including swimming, movies, etc.
Cost of Pre-Semester Workshop (Approximate)
Housing $10.00 per day - free to students living on campus
**Commuters are encouraged to live on campus this week.