Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification Preparation
About The Course:
Your ability as a project manager to demonstrate best practices in project management, both on the job and through professional certification, is becoming the standard to compete in today's fast-paced and highly technical workplace. This fourty-hour course expands on the basic concepts presented in the Project Management Fundamentals course and offers a job-related approach to successful project management across application areas and industries.
What You Will Learn:
- The critical information necessary to take and pass the Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification Exam.
- Nine knowledge areas and five process groups
- Key processes, inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs
- How to initiate a project, plan project work, and develop project schedules, cost estimates, and budgets.
- Plan project quality, staffing, and communications.
- Plan project procurement, execute project work and monitor and control project work.
- Monitor and control project schedule and costs.
- Monitor and control project quality, staffing, and communications.
- Monitor and control project risks and contracts, close the project.
Who Needs To Attend:
This course is designed for experienced project managers who want to increase their project management skills, apply a standards-based approach to project management, and apply for Project Management Institute, Inc. (PMI®) Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification.
Participants need to have a detailed understanding of project management fundamentals and three to four years of project management experience.
Required books are listed. Course materials including handouts and shared resources will be given out in class.
- Project Management Body of Knowledge 4th edition (PMBOK)
- PMP Exam Prep 7th edition – Rita Mulcahy
To Ensure Success:
We recommend you complete as much pre-course reading as possible. This includes reading the PMBOK and taking PMP practice tests.
- Session 1: Review of PMP Certification and Application Process
- Session 2: Project Management Fundamentals
- Session 3: Project Management Processes
- Session 4: Integration Management
- Session 5: Scope Management
- Session 6: Time Management
- Session 7: Cost Management
- Session 8: Quality Management
- Session 9: Human Resources Management
- Session 10: Communications Management
- Session 11: Risk Management
- Session 12: Procurement Management
- Session 13: Professional Ethics and Responsibilities
- Session 14: Project Management Review
- Session 15: PMP Practice Exam