Distinguished Alumni Award
Since 1978, the UCM Distinguished Alumni Award has honored alumni considered esteemed by their peers as the “brightest and most distinguished” in their field. They have been suggested by their friends, associates and former professors to receive the award. You, too, can suggest someone.
For the highest award honoring our alumni, recipients:
- Must have obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree from UCM
- Must have achieved career distinction on a national or international level as evidenced by peer recommendations and letters of support
- Must be of integrity, stature, demonstrated ability and renown, instilling pride in their fellow UCM classmates, faculty and students
- Must through deed and action, reflect and recognize the importance of their education and bring honor to UCM
- Must demonstrate leadership and service to professional organizations, community, church, etc; affiliation with national, state, and/or local organizations; national, state and/or local awards
- Must be able to attend the awards presentation, traditionally held at Homecoming
- Must not be serving on the UCM Alumni/Foundation Board of Directors, be a member of the university’s Board of Governors, be a current faculty member or employee of UCM, or be an incumbent state official when the Selection Committee meets to consider nominations
If you know of alumni deserving of such recognition, please suggest them using our convenient online forms below. Your suggestion will be reviewed by a committee who selects the individuals to consider for official nomination and additional information.