Distinguished Alumni Award for Service
The Distinguished Alumni Award for Service was established in 2012 to honor individuals who have given generously of their time, talent and resources to enhance the university, their community or both, and are a true inspiration to all UCM alumni.
For the highest service award the association gives, recipients:
- Must have obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree from UCM
- Meritorious service reflects a contribution of time, talent, or resources that enhance UCM or their community
- Must be of integrity, stature, demonstrated ability and renown, instilling pride in their UCM classmates, faculty and students
- Must through deed and action, reflect and recognize the importance of their education and bring honor to UCM
- Must demonstrate leadership and service to professional organizations, community, church, etc; affiliation with national, state, and/or local organizations; national, state and/or local awards
- Must be able to attend the awards presentation, traditionally held at Homecoming
- Must not be serving on the UCM Alumni/Foundation Board of Directors, be a member of the university’s Board of Governors, be a current faculty member or employee of UCM, or be an incumbent state official when the Selection Committee meets to consider nominations
If you know of alumni deserving of such recognition, please suggest them using our convenient online forms below.