Department of Biology and Earth Science
A student-centered department which integrates excellent
teaching, research, scholarship, and service to prepare for
Our guiding principles:
- Appraise, advise, and prepare undergraduate and graduate students;
- Foster scientific literacy through field and laboratory experiences, classroom activities, and seminars, and continually update course content and experiences with current techniques with an emphasis on critical thinking and communication skills;
- Involve faculty and students in basic and applied research;
- Provide service to the academic community in the form of courses and programs and to external agencies via consultation and other professional activities;
- Provide a collegial academic environment that challenges individuals to participate actively in the educational process in order that they might excel in teaching, research, and service to Central and their discipline;
- Prepare individuals for professional employment or continued development in post-baccalaureate education in agriculture, biology, or other fields of study;
- Foster positive relationships with alumni; and
- Ensure continuous quality improvement with feedback from students, alumni, and peers facilitated by a newsletter.
Strategic Plan with policy manual.