Outstanding Staff Award
Purpose of award:
To recognize outstanding contribution by Support Staff, Professional Staff, and/or Advisors to the mission of the department or College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences over five years ending in the spring of the year the award is presented.
Each department may nominate a department staff member for the Outstanding Staff Award. The department chair will inform the nominee in writing that he/she has been nominated. The nominee will write no more than a page on his/her philosophy of service to students, faculty, alumni, and the public at large. Please ask the nominee to include the length of service at UCM (years) in their philosophy of service. Submission will include a letter of support from the department accompanied by the original nomination letter, the nominee’s statement, and any other information deemed relevant. The material should be sent to the Dean's office electronically no later than 5 p.m., February 1 of the current academic year.
The award is in the amount of $500.
Criteria for the Selection of Recipients
Criteria for this award include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Excellent support service to students and faculty
- University/community service
- Continuing education/acquiring new technology skills
- Willingness to go above and beyond job description when needed
- Identifying and implementing new procedures to better serve students, faculty, and department
- Positive attitude
- Resourcefulness in problem solving