"What Can I Do With a Major in...Graphic Design?"
Why Major in Graphic Design?
The graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Graphic Design will use the knowledge and skills obtained in these programs to:
- Produce innovative and skillful work in visual art and design that demonstrates critical and creative thinking in both product and process and exhibits a consideration of theories, practices and emerging trends in art and design.
- Communicate and support informed and artistically sensitive interpretations and judgments about his/her own work as well as visual forms made by others by using perceptual, critical and aesthetic concepts that underlie the disciplines of art and design.
- Identify, describe and explain global, contemporary and historical art design works and exhibit a consideration of their relationship to context and theory.
- Help facilitate a visually rich and culturally sensitive society by describing, explaining and applying the unique and important individual and collaborative artistic contributions made by women and men from diverse racial, geographical and cultural groups.
- Use technology as a resource in creative and critical processes to produce art, as well as to gather and share information about art and design history, aesthetics and art criticism.
- Exhibit evidence of an understanding of the professional practices and ethical standards for employment and long-term success in the graduate's degree program career field.
- Demonstrate in their work an understanding of and a concern for safety, the principles of sustainability, and the environmental impact of the College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Art and Design 79.
Related Career Titles
Related Job Listings/Job Search Website
AIGA Design Jobs
Americans for the Arts Jobs Banks
The Art Newspaper
Design and Publishing Center
Fresh Web Jobs
Get Graphic Design Jobs
Graphic Design Jobs
Advertising Photographers of America
America Advertising Federation
American Institute of Graphic Arts
American Society of Magazine Editors
Animation Blog Spot
Animation World Network
Art Directors Club Inc.
The Association of Medical Illustrators
Entertainment Software Association
Graphic Arts Guild
Greeting Card Association
National Association of Photoshop Professionals
Society for Environmental Graphic Design
Society for News Design
Society of Illustrators
The Society of Publication Designers
Tri-State Advertising and Marketing
Four-Year Academic Plan
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Career Services Center by e-mail at email@example.com and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me?
Career Development Coordinator