"What Can I Do With a Major in...Health Studies?"
Why Major in Health Studies?
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Studies (with an Option in Pre-Physical Therapy/Pre-Occupational Therapy) will:
- Apply fundamental health principles to rehabilitative centers; lifestyle issues that influence behavior, and wellness factors to solve orthopedic and/or epidemiologic problems affecting various communities, cultures and groups.
- Use discipline-appropriate equipment, research techniques and/or instruments with understanding, accuracy, precision, and safety in order to answer health-related questions.
- Use the language and concepts of health studies to communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Exhibit the ethical use of health knowledge, materials, and procedures that demonstrates an impact on the individual as well as society.
- Achieve the background needed to enable the student to be competitive in Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy graduate school.
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Studies (with an Option in Community Health) will:
- Apply fundamental health principles affecting various communities, cultures and groups.
- Use discipline-specific equipment, research techniques and/or instruments appropriately in order to answer health-related questions.
- Use the language and concepts of health studies to communicate in oral and written forms.
- Exhibit the ethical use of health knowledge, materials, and procedures.
- Complete the necessary requirements to enable the student to be successful in a graduate program of study.
Related Career Titles
Option 1: Pre-Physical Therapy/Pre-Occupational Therapy
|Personal Trainer||Wellness Coordinator|
|Emergency Medical Technician||Medical Officer|
|Emergency Response Specialist||Medical Transcriptionist|
Option 2: Community Health
|Healthcare Manager||Aging and Lifespan Specialist|
|Environmental Health Specialist||Pharmaceutical Sales|
|Health Administrator||Community Health Spokesperson|
|Health Educator||Policy Analyst|
|Health Informatics Specialist||Public Affairs Specialist|
|Health Inspector||Public Health Program Specialist|
|Laboratory Technician||Public Health Scientist/Analyst|
|Health Services Officer||Quality Improvement Specialist|
|Disease Investigator||Emergency Services Coordinator/Director|
Related Job Listings/Job Search Websites
Agency for Health Care Research and Quality
Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
Assisted Living Directory
Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Directory of Missouri Local Health Agencies
Food and Drug Administration
Health Resources and Services Administration
Indian Health Service
National Institutes of Health
Public Health Jobs
Public Health Jobs Worldwide
State Health Agencies
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
American Academy of Environmental Engineers
American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD)
American College of Healthcare Executives
American Public Health Association
Association for Public Health Laboratories
National Association of County and City Health Officials
National Environmental Health Association
National Institutes of Health
Four-Year Academic Plan
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Career Services Center by e-mail at email@example.com and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me?
Career Development Coordinator