"What Can I Do With a Major in...Sport Management?"
Why Major in Sport Management?
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Sport Management will:
- Illustrate the basic concepts of the major sub-disciplines of sport management from social, psychological, and international perspectives.
- Explain the dynamics of sport, recreational sport, non-sport recreation, and leisure in society.
- Develop and evaluate a management plan in sport event and facility management.
- Evaluate effective management and leadership principles, ethics, and their respective applications to various sport organizations.
- Create strategic sport marketing and communication plans and applications.
- Analyze market structure in sport to include distinctions between market types.
- Explain relevant legal terminology and evaluate legal case studies in sport law.
- Demonstrate competence in writing, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
Related Career Titles
|Athletic Director||Facility Manager|
|Account Coordinator||Food and Beverage Manager|
|Accounting Manager||Game Event Staff|
|Associate Director for Compliance||Guest Services Manager|
|Associate Athletic Director for Business Services||Guest Relations Event Staff|
|Associate Athletic Director for Marketing||Guest Relations Specialist|
|Associate Athletic Director for Corporate Sales||Intramural Recreational Sport Coordinator (College)|
|Associate Athletic Director of Development||Manager for Sports Web Page/Internet Site|
|Associate Athletic director for Facilities and grounds||Manager of Group Sale|
|Associate Athletic Director for Communications||Marketing Manager|
|Associate Athletic Director for Finance||Marketing Account Executive|
|Corporate Sales Manager||Media Relations Assistant|
|Corporate Partnerships Manager||Recreation Supervisor (Municipal Parks and Recreation)|
|Corporate Communications Assistant||Special Events Director|
|Customer Relations Manager||Sponsorship Sales Executive|
|Director of Facility Operations and Entertainment||Sponsorship Sales Manager|
|Director of Corporate Sales||Sports Communications Coordinator|
|Director of Marketing||Sports Arbitrator/Mediator|
|Director of Special Events and Promotions||Sports Agent|
|Director of New Business Development||Sport Video Manager|
|Director of Fan Development||Sports Video Production Assistant|
|Director of Sports Information||Ticket Sales Director|
|Director of Sports Publicity||Ticket Manager|
|Director of Sports Media||Team Marketing/Promotions Assistants|
|Director of Community Relations||Tournament Operations Manager|
|Event Manager||Tournament Planner|
|Event Supervisor||Ticket Sales Account Executive|
|Event Coordinator||Youth Sports Administrator (Non-Profit Organizations)|
Job Search Websites
Four-Year Academic Plan
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Career Services Center by e-mail at email@example.com and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me?
Career Development Coordinator