"What Can I Do With a Major in...Design & Drafting Technology?"
Why Major in Design & Drafting Technology?
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Design & Drafting Technology will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Apply current computer-aided drafting and design concepts and technical knowledge to interpret and develop orthographic, pictorial, and schematic drawings.
- Develop sketching, manual drafting, and computer aided drafting skills to create orthographic, pictorial, and schematic drawings.
- Integrate related technical and scientific support skills and concepts into computer-aided drafting and design technology applications.
- Demonstrate oral, written, graphic and numerical communication skills applicable to individual and group activities utilized in computer-aided drafting and design and related technologies.
- Apply critical and creative thinking as needed for problem solving applicable to computer-aided drafting and design and related technologies.
- Apply principles of management of personnel, equipment, materials, and processes applicable to computer-aided drafting and design and related technologies.
- Display a value system based on personal characteristics and ethical behavior appropriate for professions in computer-aided drafting and design and related technologies.
Related Career Titles
|3D Renderer-Designer||Landscape drafter|
|Aeronautical drafters||Manufacturing Engineer|
|Architectural drafters||Marine drafter|
|Architecture technician||Mechanical Drafter-Designer|
|Bioinformatics Specialist||Mold Maker|
|Car Body Designer||Patent drafter|
|Civil Drafter||Plant Industrial Engineer|
|Civil Engineering Technologist||Plastics Engineer|
|Cultural Resource Manager||Process piping or pipeline drafters|
|Drafting Designer||Research Coordinator|
|Drafting Teacher||Roller Coaster Designer|
|Drafting Technician||Sign Maker|
|Electrical drafters||Textile Designer|
|Electronics drafters||Tool and Die Maker|
|Engineering Technician||Tool design drafter|
|Geological Engineer||Wood Products Production Supervisor|
|Golf Course Designer||Wood Products Technical Salesperson|
|Heating and ventilating drafter||Industrial Designer|
Related Job Listings/Job Search Website
American Design Drafting Association
The American Institute of Building Design
American Society of Mechanical Engineers
American Institute of Electrical Engineers
American Society of Civil Engineers
National Association of Manufacturers
National Tooling & Machining Association
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc
Employers of Architects & Engineers
Four-Year Academic Plan
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Career Services Center by e-mail at email@example.com and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me?
Career Development Coordinator