Admission to the Professional Education Semester and Student Teaching
(Effective for the Fall 2013 Undergraduate Catalog)
Student teaching is the primary component of the professional education semester. Approval for admission to the professional education semester, including student teaching, involves meeting the following minimum requirements:
- Admission to Teacher Education
- Request to Student Teach
December 1st for the fall semester; May 1st for the spring semester.
- $100 late fee for applications received after December 1st or May 1st.
- No late applications accepted after the last preliminary meeting for student teachers.
- Preliminary meeting calendars: Spring 2016 and Fall 2016.
- Complete required courses before student teaching.
- GPA Requirements:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Content GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Professional Education GPA of 3.0 or higher, with no grade lower than a C. Professional Education Courses for educator certification are designated by a book symbol in the UCM Undergraduate catalog.
- Departmental Recommendation in each area of student teaching.
- TB test, a doctor's certificate or other evidence of good health IF required by district where student teaching placement is requested.
- Meet UCM residence requirements before student teaching.
- Current background check on file with DESE.
- Content area assessment prescribed by the Missouri State Board of Education.
Must achieve state-mandated pass score for certification. Information about the Missouri Content Assessment can be found at www.mo.nesinc.com.
For Further Information
Phone: (660) 543-4880