Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content
Martin Bldg. Room 34
Warrensburg, MO 64093
To promote further cooperation in the fields of phonetics, logopedics, speech-language pathology, the Departments of Phonetics at the University of Helsinki and Communication Disorders at University of Central Missouri join in this agreement.
Within these fields, the following forms of cooperation will be pursued:
1. Faculty cooperation and collaboration through joint research projects and other efforts as feasible.
2. Joint efforts to promote international activities by faculty in both departments.
3. Exchange of faculty for periods of time agreed by both departments under the following premises:
a) Primary emphasis will be given to short-term visits of five weeks or less
b) Salary will be paid by the home institution.
c) Travel cost will be the responsibility of the visiting faculty member.
d) Lodging for short-term visits will be paid by the host institution. All other living expenses will be the responsibility of the visiting faculty member.
e) Agreement on courses and other forms of teaching will be agreed upon by the departments in advance of any exchange.
f) Acceptance of examinations (credits) will be handled on an individual basis but will be made clear to students in advance of their participation in courses and other forms of study.
4. Indirect exchange of students as feasible through appropriate offices (such as the International Student Exchange Program) at each university.
5. Direct exchange of undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate students under the following premises:
a) To the extent possible, an equal number of students will participate from each of the two departments during each three-year period.
b) Students will be approved for participation by the host institution.
c) Tuition will be paid to the home university.
d) Travel costs will be the responsibility of the individual student.
e) Lodging will be paid by the individual student by arrangement with the appropriate office at the host institution.
All other living expenses will be the responsibility of the student.
To the extent possible, this agreement will begin with the cooperation and exchange of faculty members.
The departments may revise the purpose and premises of this agreement by mutual consent at the end of any academic year. If either department wishes to terminate this agreement, such a wish should be communicated to the other department by Feb. 15 of any academic year.