Becoming a Public Relations major at UCM is a simple process.
- Be admitted to UCM:
Declare public relations as your major; this helps you track your progress to degree completion. You can also elect a minor or the UCM PR program-specific PR "Industry Practices" concentration. Your DegreeWorks degree audit will help you track your progress and can be accessed from your MyCentral home page.
Successfully complete the public relations program gateway courses with no grade lower than a C and a 2.33 gateway GPA: COMM 2620 - Introduction to Public Relations, COMM 2625 - Writing and Editing for Public Relations, and COMM 3620 - Strategic Planning and Research for Public Relations.*
Apply to the Public Relations Program. You will be a fully admitted public relations major.
- Take the ACT (preferred) or SAT.
- Send your scores to UCM using code 2272 (ACT) or 6090 (SAT).
- Submit the UCM admissions application with the $30 nonrefundable application fee at ucmo.edu/apply.
- Send your high school and/or college transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
1400 Ward Edwards
Warrensburg, MO 64093
* The public relations program's general education requirements are also necessary for full admission to the major. See your undergraduate catalog.