To review and provide input into the
following aspects of distance education.
A. Current best practices in
Methodologies, facilities, and infrastructure
assessment appropriate to the technology
3. Quality assurance processes and distance education standards
B. Faculty/Part-time faculty concerns
for including distance education efforts in promotion and tenure
3. Faculty workload
4. Adjunct faculty standards for distance education
5. Incentives for faculty program/course development
C. Intellectual property
rights (per Board of Governor's Standards 3.0.020 available at http://www.ucmo.edu/upo/bog/policy.cfm?upoID=3.1.020
D. Cooperative partnerships
II. POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATIONAL
Reports to the Faculty Senate
A. Composition (15 members)
1. Two faculty members from each college
and one from the Library
2. One undergraduate student
3. One graduate student
4. Director of CentralNet (ex-officio, non-voting)
5. Director of Graduate School and International Admissions
6. Director of Extended
Studies (ex-officio, non-voting)
7. Distance Learning Librarian* (ex-officio,
1. Faculty members nominated by the
FS Committee on Committees and confirmed by the Faculty Senate
2. Undergraduate student selected by
3. Graduate student selected
4. Ex-officio, non-voting members by
appointment to their positions.
C. Selection of Chair
Shall select a chair from its voting
D. Term of Service
1. Faculty members-two years.
After serving for two consecutive
two-year terms, a member will be ineligible to serve for a period of one
year. Exceptions may be made by the Faculty Senate
Committee on Committees or the Faculty Senate Elections
2. Student members-one year
3. Ex-officio-as long as in their positions
4. If a
college representative anticipates being unable to attend more
than half of the scheduled meetings in a given semester, the
chair of the committee shall notify the chair of the Committee
on Committees who will convene a caucus of the faculty senators
from that college to appoint an alternate representative to
serve until the end of the semester.
The committee shall submit an annual written
report to Faculty Senate.
Whenever possible, a second-year committee
member should be selected as chair.
The committee chair is responsible for
creating and maintaining a Procedures Manual, a copy to be kept
in the Faculty Senate Office.
The voting faculty members will be on
a rotation of members going off and new members coming on each year.
The rotation will be determined by the FS Committee on Committees.
Committees may conduct business and voting via electronic
REV 2/09; REV 1/2010; REV 4/2011; REV 5/2014 REV; 5/2015