Your Rights as a Donor
As a donor or prospective donor, you have the right to be informed, ask questions and know that information about your contributions is handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
In addition, the UCM Foundation Board of Directors supports the following Donor Bill of Rights:
Donor Bill of Rights*
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
* Developed by the Association of Fund Raising Counsel, Association for Healthcare Philanthropy, Council for Advancement and Support of Education and the Association of Fundraising Professionals
Recent Gifts Helping UCM Students
- $20,000 to endow new scholarship
- $25 for Fund for Excellence
- $50 to department scholarship
- $25,000 for baseball scholarships
- $25,000 for scholarships
- $100,000 for wrestling
- $250 for Fund for Excellence