Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content
Below are major Internet sources for international, national, Missouri and other U.S. state geospatial data. Please note that this is not a comprehensive list. Additional web sources are noted on several other UCM GIS Resource pages.
- GeoSpatial One-Stop: Federal portal, serves as “Your one stop for finding and using geographic data”.
- U.S. Census Bureau TIGER Files: TIGER stands for "Topologically Integrated Geographic Encoding and Referencing" system. Latest data is available in shapefile format, for use with modern GIS applications.
- U.S. Board of Geographic Names Geographic Names Information System (GNIS): Search or download domestic and international geographic feature names and associated metadata, from cemeteries to mountain peaks.
- Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection: Extensive digital collection of 11,000 digitized world maps
- Missouri Spatial Data Information Service (MSDIS): Comprehensive public access to GIS and census data for the state of Missouri.
- Ramona GIS Inventory: Tracks the availability of geospatial data in Missouri.